Conditions of Eligibility
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% of marks (without rounding off) for generalcategory and 50% for Schedule Category (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons With
Disability (PWD-VH/PH), Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB candidates, in master’s degree OR equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognized by UGC New
Delhi, in subjects like Science, Humanities (including languages), Social science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic science etc., are eligible to appear for this
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the Master’s degree examination
and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have
been delayed may also appear for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted
provisionally and if they become eligible in the KSET examination, their eligibility
certificate will be issued only on production of proof for having passed the Master’s
degree or equivalent examination securing at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC, ST,PWD (VH/PH), Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB candidates) within two years from the date of KSET examination, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. Degree holders whose Master’s degree completed on or before 19th September 1991 (irrespective of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% marks for appearing in KSET examination.
- Candidates shall appear for KSET examination in their relevant subject of their postgraduation only, in case the candidate did not find the subject of his post graduation in the list of KSET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- Candidates other than general category are required to mention their social status (Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB, SC, ST, PWD (VH/PH)) in the online application form. Candidates may note that they should satisfy the eligibility conditions with reference to the documents such as PG degree marks cards & certificates, category certificates and certificates related to PWD (VH/PH) enclosed with their application. The category certificates submitted by the candidates must be issued by the competent authority and the issue date of such certificate should be not earlier to 1st July 2014. In case their ineligibility is detected due to invalid certificate by the KSET agency at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that admission to the examination will not imply that the KSET center has finally accepted his/her candidature. Candidates may note that candidature will be deemed final only upon fulfilling of eligibility conditions.
AGE: There is no upper age limit to apply for KSET examination.