Conditions of Eligibility
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% of aggregate marks without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognized by UGC, New Delhi in Science Subjects, Humanities (including languages) and social science, Computer science & Applications, Electronic science etc. are eligible to appear for this Test. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) / VH/PH candidates, category candidates who have secured at least 50% of aggregate marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for the award of Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% of aggregate marks (50% of aggregates marks in case of SC/ST/ VH/PH category candidates). Such candidates must complete their Master’s degree examination within Two years from the date of K-SET result with the required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. Degree holders whose Master's level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55 to 50%) for appearing for K-SET.
- Candidates shall appear to the K-SET in the subject of their post-graduation only, as per list of subjects mentioned in item No. IX. In case the subject of candidate is NOT included in K-SET subjects, as per UGC guidelines, the candidate may appear in UGC NET/UGC-CSIR NET examination.
- Candidates seeking concession in fee are required to submit the attest copy of their, SC/ST/Cat-I/VH/PH candidates along with hard copy of the online printout of their Application Form (obtained while applying online). Therefore, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test before submitting their online application form. In the event of any ineligibility being detected with respect to caste certificate by the K-SET centre at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled, their results will be withheld and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates belonging to OBC Category (category IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB) have to submit their respective caste certificates along with the hard copy of application form. The category certificates should be a valid certificate or issued before six months on the last date of the submission of online application form. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the K-SET center with respect to caste certificate at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled, their results will be withheld and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates belonging to the General category are not required to submit any Caste certificates / documents in support of their eligibility along with printout of their application form.
- Candidates possessing post-graduate diploma / certificate course(s), should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their course(s) with Master’s degree of recognized Indian Universities from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi website: www.aiuweb.org
AGE: There is no upper age limit for applying for Lectureship