Conditions of Eligibility
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% of marks (without rounding off) for general category and 50% for Schedule Category (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST),Persons with Disability (PWD), OBCs i.e., Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB, in Master's Degree OR equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi, in the subjects opted for KSET.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master's Degree (First or Second Semester) or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their Master's Degree (Final Year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and for those who clear the KSET, eligibility certificate will be issued only on production of proof for having passed the Master's degree or equivalent examination securing at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC, ST, OBC i.e., Cat- I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB) and PWD candidates) within two years from the date of KSET result, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates shall appear for KSET in their relevant subject of their post-graduation only, in case the candidate did not find the subject of his/her post-graduation in the list of KSET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master's level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result), shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- Candidates other than general category are required to mention their reservation status in the online application form. The category certificates issued by the competent authorities on or before the last date for submission of online application form.[for SC, ST, CAT-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB candidates only]. In case their ineligibility is detected due to invalid certificate by the KSET authority at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled without prior notice and they shall be liable for legal action.
- The candidates of other states except Karnataka, belonging to OBCs (SC, ST & Other Backward Classes) categories shall be treated as General Merit [GM] only. As per the reservation policy of Karnataka Government.
- Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that admission to the examination will not imply that the KSET center has finally accepted his/her candidature. Candidates may note that candidature will be deemed final only upon fulfilling of eligibility conditions.
- Candidate who became eligible in Previous KSETs are not eligible to apply again in the same subject. If any candidate found to be eligible in previous KSET tests and reappearing on same subject in current KSET, their candidature will be cancelled and the previous eligibility is withdrawn through de-notification.
- Candidates with post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/ Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master's degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi(www.aiu.ac.in).
AGE Limit: There is no upper age limit to apply for KSET-2021.
- KSET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities / Colleges / Institutions of Higher education (Government/Aided/Private) in Karnataka State.
- NET/SET/SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions. In this regard, exemption from NET/SET/SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India for time to time.
- The candidates who have passed the UGC-NET/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from KSET examination.
- For SET candidates: The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in KSET, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the Universities/ Colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET.